Northern Interior Communities Association Constitution
- The name of the Society is the Northern Interior Communities Association.
- The purposes of the Association are:
- To raise revenue for and distribute funds to charitable community and non-profit organizations exclusively for purposes that the law regards as charitable through the conduct and management of charitable gaming pursuant to a license issued by the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch.
- To perform such other acts and things as are incidental to or necessary for the advancement of the purposes of the Association to enable the association to achieve its purposes.
- Act as a communicator and liaison between the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch, BC Lotteries, our service provider and other affiliated organizations.
- To act as an advocate for our membership and the community.
The Northern Interior Communities Association (NICA) is a non profit society, whose mandate is to engage with non-profits, charities and community groups in relation to Community Gaming Grant Applications, communicate policy changes, and act as a resource support body on behalf of our region.
We provide current information regarding Community Gaming Grants and liaison with the British Columbia Gaming Branch.
The Northern Interior Communities Associations’ support role is:
- To provide consultations – in person or via phone, email or electronic systems,
- To assist, guide and direct application process relating to the Community Gaming Grant Applications
- To host workshops to provide information on updates and changes to Community Gaming Grant regulations and guidelines through out our region,
- Periodic updates and reminders of grant application deadlines and news.
- To review and assist with Community Gaming Grant reconsiderations upon denial of funding
- To provide resources as requested from non-profits, charities and community groups
- To act as a point of contact for non-profits, charities, and community groups that have questions or need assistance with their Community Gaming Grants.